Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Beautiful Place

You may remember from an earlier post, the kids and I go to the library almost every week. Yesterday was a doubly big day. See that book on top...that's Issa's. It's a first reader! She graduated to the easy reader section, and she is thrilled. I can't believe how quickly she is picking up reading!

And...we got to sign up for the summer reading program yesterday! Both kids got to put their names on a panda to hang on the wall, and they will get to pick up their book bag next week. The librarian was phenomenal! The kids are so excited to read their books and get their prizes. It should be fun!

I knew we had a fabulous library, but I became even more grateful when I was talking with someone from Elba. He was telling me that they had 600 books on the island. Our library has that many picture books. It truly is a wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment