Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Bazaar with Some Bizarre Snowmen

After much planning, the Holiday Bazaar went off without a hitch last night at Issa's school! I have no idea how the sales side of the bazaar actually went, but I know we had a blast in the kids' room. Issa and I assembled a snowman dress-up kit, which was a huge hit:
The kids thought it was hysterical to put on hats, scarves, and paper carrot noses. (One of the other parents painted this backdrop with the school logo.) The giggles alone were worth the gathering. We ended up with some bizarre combinations of hats and scarves, but they had a blast. Some of them even decided it was more fun to pretend they were getting ready for a sleigh ride:

No nose or shirt required. (I promise I took pictures of all the kids for the yearbook, but I'm only posting Issa here. I doubt you all really want to see a million pictures of random children.)

The snowman beanbag toss was also fun!

I even made snowflake beanbags. So fun!


We also had snacks! One of the parents brought a concession stand popcorn popper, which is very fun, and I made holiday Chex mix. In case you are wondering, a triple batch was a bit much, but it was a huge hit. (A triple batch has two boxes of cereal and a Costco size bag of craisins.)


I am still exhausted from all the fun, but it was so worth it when on the way to school Issa told me she was glad I was her mom and thanked me for playing with her friends last night. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment