Monday, May 14, 2012

Celebrated!

There was too much celebrating this weekend to contain it to one post. So...let's just focus on Saturday today. I was able to participate in the official doctoral hooding at UNC:
 It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. After four years of the hardest work I will most likely ever do, I received the hood from my advisor and provost and was greeted as Dr. Bower by the chancellor of the University.

My advisor:
 She and I suddenly have a completely different relationship now. We're colleagues, and she's fun. Surreal.

My friend:
 It was great to walk with Karla! She and I were there for each other for every bump in the road. It was wonderful to celebrate together!

My family:
 These four have been so patient through the whole process! Evan is holding my diploma tube, which is only given to doctoral graduates.

Shannon and Jeff:
They flew in for a whirlwind trip to be here to celebrate. We had dinner and lunch together, we played, and they dealt with my panic about getting there on time.

Pictures just don't do the day justice. It is finished and official! I am one happy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment