Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day! When the kids are little, it's as much about them and their ideas as it is about me. Let me tell you, Daddy does it right! I am thoroughly spoiled, and I'm still laughing about the whole day.


I got to "sleep in," which translates to laying in bed listening to the chaos. I could hear the giggling, squealing, and cooking. Occasionally, I would hear little feet running to see if I was still asleep, and I would do my best fake and not laugh until they were safely downstairs.

The day officially began with breakfast in bed, and Daddy was thoughtful enough to snap a picture before they brought it up:
 Homemade crumpets, fruit, bacon, and coffee. The kids wrapped their own gifts, too!

When they came up, I was handed the official post-it itinerary:
 And then I was presented with gifts the kids chose all by themselves. Evan chose a bear:
 And this super snazzy sunglass case:
 Yes...it is in my purse right now. He checks daily.

Issa chose this travel mug because she liked the purple and flowers:
 I find the poem hysterical:
 Yes...it begins "friends are like bras." I am so glad Daddy didn't censor. I'm still laughing, and I used it this morning.

She also got us matching pajama shirts:
 I'm quite certain I glow in the dark.

The first item on the list was to make this craft, which was presented along with the gifts:
 It is a little book of all the reasons they love me. We then enjoyed breakfast and some great snuggles.

Lunch was a picnic in the park, and even Viv got to come along:
 And...Evan picked me flowers:
 And...he put them in his pocket so I wouldn't have to carry them. They never made it to a vase.

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for dinner ingredients and snuggling. They made me dinner, and we watched a couple of really great movies while it rained. It was a perfect day.

And this is what the kitchen looked like yesterday morning:
Scary. Brad asked me not to post this, but it shows just how perfect the day was. The kids helped cook, which makes a bigger mess, but no one was worried about it. It all cleaned up yesterday. I'm sure I'll miss these messy Mother's Days someday, so I'll enjoy it--and laugh about it--while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment