Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ocean Inspiration

I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but the ocean seems to inspire me to try. I didn't grow up a beach girl, and I am certainly a very specific kind of beach girl now. I don't want the tourist beach. I want the ocean--to hear it--to see the waves roll in. If it's a little cloudy and cool, even better. There is something about the ocean that just puts the world in perspective:
 A picture hardly does it justice, but there is something to be said for the difference a few moments makes in the scene:
 I love watching those little birds. They seem so unphased by the crashing waves.

I didn't pose this:
 Our shoes just landed this way, and I love how they so capture "us." You have to love Issa's silver sparkles and Evan's balls.

I love this shot, too:
They are totally in moment, flying a kite and digging, listening to the surf.

This quiet little stretch of beach offers so very much, and I'm glad I captured at least a little piece of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment