Friday, May 11, 2012

When Worlds Collide

Yesterday an insanely crazy day. It started with Evan having his annual physical. He's great--no surprise! He's 33 pounds and just over three feet tall.

I dropped him off at school, and then hustled home to make the ballet bags for Issa's class. It was picture night at ballet, which is a great time to distribute tap shoe ribbons and big bags to hold all the costume parts. All I needed to do was cut the ribbons and put names on everything. (I also had to clean the house--no fun, but much better now.)

I picked Issa up from school, and we got her all ready for pictures! I love doing her hair and make-up. Our beautiful ballerina:

 Then, Issa and I headed to the airport to pick up a friend who is also graduating this weekend, which required a slight costume adaptation:
 Yep...that's how Issa went to the airport. We picked up Karla and headed straight for ballet. Karla pitched in herding girls (and their mother's) for pictures. On our way out, Crystal surprised me with these:
It's a good thing I had my sunglasses on. It was funny to watch Crystal and Karla meet. I love them both, and I hoped they would hit it off. They are so different, and yet their hearts are so similar. It was wonderful to look over and see them laughing.

And it was wonderful to come home to a husband who made dinner and cookies for Issa's school's bake sale. I got to spend the evening laughing with an old friend and getting ready to walk across the stage together.

Today, Shannon and Jeff come in. Tomorrow, I graduate for the last time. My heart is so full.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Heather! And I loved this blog post! The whole getting ready for dance pictures brought back memories of ballet at Mrs. Wendt's and your mom "knoxing" my hair for me before syncro swim shows! You have a great mama and have followed in her footsteps! Happy Mother's day and congrats again on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete