Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tea Party Dinner

Daddy was in Boston yesterday, so the kids and I decided to have a tea party for dinner! Every tea party needs yummy tea sandwiches, so we made these:
 They are English muffins topped with a veggie cream cheese we made and then topped with radishes. I love that my kids love these. I am thankful every day I don't have picky eaters.

I'm also in love with this spread! It was so easy. I simplified the recipe a bit because it called for about twelve bowls; I just did everything in the Cuisinart. It's one large carrot, peeled and quartered, thrown in the Cuisinart and chopped very fine. Throw in one cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves and finely chop. Add two tablespoons of olive oil mayo and one room temperature block of cream cheese. Combine and voila! Yum.

And...since we're Southern...and since it's a million degrees outside already:
We made sweet tea! It was great fun and a perfect meal--or tea party--for a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment