Tuesday, October 9, 2012

He Loves Me

Fall weather settled in yesterday. We actually had to turn on the heat, and, to all of my Northern friends, you can stop laughing because I realize a high of 51is not that cold. I've been here long enough, though, that it feels freezing, and poor Evan was actually watching for snow. We're officially Southern.
 
As I am a huge fan of traditions, we have a first cold day of fall tradition. I make fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie:
 For this particular pie, I had the help of all the neighbor girls and Issa. Issa was the only one who had ever made a pie, and it was hysterical. We didn't need a box or a crust already in a pan. Then, I let them crack the eggs. I love teaching little ones to bake. I also realized I am very spoiled by a girl who already knows how to do so much. We did a lot of backtracking yesterday.

After dinner, the man who loves me humors me and put a fire in the fireplace:
We all snuggled on the couch to watch the fire and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." It was lovely...and warm in so very many ways.
 
I love our traditions, and I recognize that I am a bit neurotic in the number. I realize we celebrate everything, but life is worth celebrating. And I am so very grateful that I am married to a man who loves me enough to jump right in and create memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment