Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reality

This weekend, Crystal and I took a blissful break from reality. Our wonderful husbands sent us to the beach for the weekend...alone...with a hotel room.

For 48 hours, we did not cook. We did not clean. We did not do laundry. We walked the beach. We went shopping. We got our nails done. We talked about life the universe and everything, and I'm pretty sure we solved all the world's problems.

By Sunday afternoon, though, we were both missing our people, and it was so good to see them again. I came home to flowers and very happy children. Brad made my favorite dinner, and I refused to open the computer or the laundry room door.

Reality came crashing in yesterday--hard--but it was so worth it. And now, I need to get back to the reality that is still waiting: laundry, dishes, and work, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment