Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Festival

Friday night, we all headed to Issa's school for the Fall Festival. It's a crazy event with kids going everywhere, but it truly is the most organized chaos I have ever seen. Everything runs on a ticket system and is confined to one end of the school, and all of the school staff is on hand. Many teachers run booths, and the others wander about making sure everyone is on their best behavior.
 
Issa barely finished dinner before she was begging to go explore with her friends. Because it is so well set up, we let her take off with ten tickets at a time. She would use those up and then come find us for more. It was brilliant.
 
Evan wanted to hang out with us for the beginning of the evening, which was great! One teacher set up a crafting booth, and Evan and I made a witch's hat:
We also met up with Issa to make snap bracelets with the art teacher:
I don't know why, exactly, but I love this picture:
Evan was trying to decide what to do, and I was trying to convince him to try a game. Meanwhile, Issa was turning orange:
We played carnival games and came home with all manner of candy and junk. At the end of the evening, Brad and I sat in the cafeteria talking with other parents while Evan went off with Issa and her friend. They had a blast, and it's always good to talk with other parents that we don't get to see very often. I love that we are in a school where I feel perfectly safe letting the kids explore and have fun with friends.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of reorganizing, building, and play dates with friends. We even found a family that has kids the same age as ours and parents that are very fun. I think it's the beginning of a wonderful relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment