Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Soccer Update

We are a little over halfway through the soccer season, so I thought I would share an update about our favorite Zebra. First, a quick summary of my life:
I think that captures it.

This is Evan's game face:
Which might explain why he has not so much been a fan of games. He loves practice, but he had not wanted to actually go to the games. It seems trying to take the ball from the other team was not so much his style. He much preferred cheering and warming up.

Last night was a turning point, though, and Miss Steph was there to witness it:
It was freezing (okay, it was 56, but it was damp and felt freezing), and Evan really didn't want to play in the game. So...I bribed him with hot cocoa if he played hard:
And he did! He even asked to throw the ball in:
And take the goal kick:
And he really kicked it:
He also made his first goal! It was in the wrong net, but it's a start. He ended up really loving the game, and he never once volunteered to sub out. I guess it just clicked.

And in case you haven't had enough cuteness, his official soccer picture:
Soccer just might be his thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment