Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Small Miracles

I didn't post yesterday because I just didn't really have anything to say. It felt a little like we are in the shampoo, rinse, repeat  cycle. School, work, dance, dinner, ignore disaster of a house, bed, repeat. When I find myself here, I know I need to get out of the cycle, preferably with a unicorn. But...unicorns are scarce on Tuesdays, so I had to settle for looking for little miracles.

I was not disappointed. This morning, when I was brushing Evan's hair, which usually ends in, "St-o-o-p, M-o-o-om!" he actually said, "Thanks for brushing my hair, Mom." Unprompted. It still looked a hot mess, but at least we knew we had made an attempt. He is due for a hair cut Saturday and right now he just has cowlicks growing out of cowlicks. It makes me smile. Small miracle.

On the way to Issa's school, we slowed down a bit to check the field across the street from the school. The grass is golden, and there was pretty think low fog in the field. In the distance, we could see silhouette's of dairy cows and their calves; it truly looked like a painting. Small miracle.

One of the major blessings of this blog is that is forces me to slow down--to really see life as it unfolds. I thought I would be capturing the kids' little handprints--and I am--but I'm beginning to see so many others in these posts. And from the posts, they find their way to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment