Friday, December 13, 2013

If You Give a Dance Mom E6000...

...she will stone anything that doesn't move. 

We have our first Company dress rehearsal this weekend, which means I have spent much of this week stitching names into costumes, tacking sashes, and entering into the wild world of stoning. Thankfully, I had great teachers to explain exactly what I was doing with a magical glue called E600, a straight pin, and stones.

So far, only one of Issa's costumes is ready to stone (the rest are still being decided tomorrow):
 Her hip-hop vest was a gentle foray into stoning. Once I finished stoning and stitching, I packed our Dream Duffel for rehearsal:
 Yep...we now own a Dream Duffel, complete with stool and garment rack. All of her costumes hang inside, and the pockets were designed for shoes, snacks, and accessories. It makes my type-A heart happy.

With that finished on Tuesday, I thought I could coast until rehearsal. Then I discovered that most girls stone their bags and jackets. So, last night I started with the Dream Duffel patch:

 The stone floating above her name is for her first year in company. We will add a stone each year.

I put one stone on the front of her jacket for the same reason, and then, as Issa says, I "ba-blinged" the back:
 Finally, I repeated the jacket pattern on her regular duffel:
All of this stoning was really fun, and I'm sure it is the beginning of many date nights with my E6000 and a straight pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment