Thursday, December 5, 2013

The First Gifts of Christmas

Our first gifts of Christmas are being delivered today!

Every year, Issa's school creates an Angel Tree filled with the wishes of families in the school who need a little help this Christmas. The school social worker organizes the whole event, placing a toy wish and clothing wishes on the tree for each child in the families. Yesterday morning, the kids were so excited to choose their angels. The kids each chose a toy wish, and I chose clothing wishes for Daddy and me.

After school, Issa and I went shopping. She was so careful to pick just the right gifts, thinking about ages, what's popular, and favorite colors (which are listed on the angel). After dinner, the kids and I wrapped each gift. This morning, Daddy and Issa dropped them off at the school.

At this time of year, I am especially grateful for how richly we have been blessed, and I am so very, very grateful for a school that helps us share that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment