Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Heart Is Still Full

We are now up to Saturday, and I am still brimming with holly jolly from the weekend on this cold, rainy Tuesday.

Saturday morning was the town Christmas parade. Just like the past three years, Issa and I rode with her dance studio. This year, we were joined by some Tiny friends:
I cannot tell you how much I love these girls--cold little noses and all. And I love this selfie:
Daddy managed to snap a couple of pictures of us in the actual parade:
I look like a goober here:
I honestly thought I had somehow missed our boys. When I finally spotted them, I apparently made that face.

This year, it was fun to listen to Issa call to her friends watching the parade or hear little voices calling her name. It was also very nice to go to a warm lunch with Mr. Ryan when the parade was over. He had come to watch the parade, which was super fun and a nice distraction for Evan.

Saturday afternoon was spent decorating and thawing, but Saturday night was pure magic. We took the kids to see The Grinch in a "fancy" theater.

We girls:
(Issa is sporting Who-hair in case you are wondering.)

The boys:
The show. I cannot say enough incredible things about this show. They really captured the book without going over the top. At one point, they raised the house lights so the audience could join in and sing "Your a Mean One," and towards the end the Grinch addressed the children directly about what he was supposed to say. They were all happy to oblige with the "Merry Christmas." And...it snowed in the theater. Magic.

As fabulous as the show was, I often found myself watching the kids. Both kids literally sat on the edge of their seats almost the entire time, eyes shining. They would occasionally snuggle in or grab a hand, but they were transfixed. Ten minutes in, Issa leaned over and whispered, "This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen." Evan leaned over and thanked Daddy for bringing him halfway through. They saw the magic of the theater first hand.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we walked out to find that they were "making it snow" just outside the theater. Magic. And they had a pathway of decorated trees to explore...and then as a capstone rocks to climb:
Spiderman himself:
We went out to a nice dinner afterwards, and the kids are still talking about the play. It was everything and more that we had hoped for from a first experience in a theater, and I have no doubt we will be returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment