Monday, December 9, 2013

My Holiday Cup Overfloweth

We had the most holly of jolly weekends around here. Truly--anything else this Christmas is gravy. It's just too much to contain in one post, so we will go day by day.

Friday night, we headed out to the Santa Train. To be honest, it was a bit of a rocky start. After a full day, the kids were a little edgy on the way there, and Daddy and I were about to lose our minds. It all turned around, though, when we got there, saw the lights, and Daddy made me laugh with this selfie:
This year, each department at the museum decorated a tree, and the kids loved exploring the themes:
I desperately wanted a cute picture with the kids on the way in--just like last year--and I settled for this one:
Although here is a pretty hilarious fail:
There were many new additions this year, including a train photo backdrop:
Although Issa was still in love with the face paint. Our little snow princess:
We of course made reindeer food:
This year I even put it in a safe place I see everyday so I won't have to try to remember where it is!

They also had some cool Christmas-inspired experiments this year! The kids loved completing the circuit to light the lights:
They also added some fun photo props:
The highlight, though, was the train ride itself and seeing Santa:
If that face doesn't say excited I don't know what does! He was a little thrilled:
Issa was over having her picture taken:
We did get one quick family pic before we headed North:
This year, the elf distributed Rudolph noses instead of candy canes:
Please ignore Daddy's photo bomb on this one:
Issa asked Santa for Saige, the American Girl doll not the herb:
Santa was amused at her clarification on that one.

Evan asked for a skateboard and helmet:
I caught Santa mid ho ho ho, but Brad insists it looks like Santa is about to eat Evan.

After we sent Rudolph home and arrived back at the station, we grabbed some dinner and laughed until we cried. Somehow, the term "Ah Christmas nuts," was born as our "bummer" of the Christmas season. So far, it has stuck. Oh how I love this little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment