Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Read-a-Thon

Our school's Read-a-Thon starts next week! I got fluffy last year when it got overly competitive among some parents and some kids stopped reading. Um...not on my watch. Since I have a rule about only complaining if I am prepared to be a part of the solution, I am now the Read-a-Thon chair.

Holy Cow. Read-a-Thon is no joke, and I now remember why I am not an event planner! I'm having fun with it, though, and I'm excited to bring some focus back to the joy of reading. I've been printing labels and drafting documents and begging people for prizes and I finally decided how to make the minutes read boards. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...and a lot more copying to do...and 650 red folders in my coat closet. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment