Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summer Shenanigans

Now that we are back home, we are settling in to the pace of summer life. We are very lucky that both Brad and I can primarily work from home, which means the kiddos are enjoying a summer in their own space. The grown-ups are feeling a bit stretched and crazed, but it's so worth it. The days are filled with lots of simple pleasures, and we've embraced a 9:00 bedtime, which leaves space for some extra fun.

Monday, we all went to what may be my favorite library program ever! They did an evening at the circus, and we were the performers:
We all eventually mastered plate spinning. Issa is the hula hoop queen. Evan got pretty good at the stilts. And Daddy, well Daddy may retire to the circus. He can juggle like there is no tomorrow! We have great video but I can't get it to upload here, which is making me very grumpy.

Tuesday, we had an impromptu dinner out with Ryan and Felicia. It was a total spur of the moment decision, but it was so fun.

And that's what I love about summer. Schedules get a bit easier. Life gets a bit more relaxed. I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment