Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I Love Tuesdays

Tuesdays are quickly becoming one of my favorite days of the summer.

The dojo is closed this week, but typically I get to watch both of my kiddos do their thing. Evan is still loving being a ninja, and Issa gets to do ballet and jazz on Tuesdays. Ballet remains one of her favorites, and her jazz teacher this summer is truly remarkable and Issa is growing so much.

But there is another reason I love Tuesdays. Tuesdays are little people days at the studio. While I'm watching Issa, I get to watch two classes of the four and under crowd. It seems so long ago that Issa was in those classes, but I love watching these teeny tiny tutus come bouncing in for class. I love watching them watch Issa, the big girl dancer, and I love talking with their mamas.

Sometimes I miss those teeny tiny days when a band-aid or a hug fixed pretty much everything. But I'm loving these slightly bigger days, too. I love seeing my kids become independent and confident, and I love the reminder of how far we have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment