Monday, July 11, 2016

My Best Boy

Brad had a conference out of town this weekend, and Issa had a slumber party. That meant that I had some good one-on-one time with a certain boy:
We went to see The Secret Life of Pets, and we spent a lot of time just chatting.

To be honest, he did the chatting and I did the listening. My once quiet little guy is not so quiet any more. Admittedly, a lot of the conversation had to do with weaponry. A big part of it was about his game, but a ton of it had to do with the Revolutionary War. I've been listening to Hamilton a lot lately, and that combined with our visit to Williamsburg peaked his interest. We've been checking out lots of books at the library, and he's soaking in more than I thought. He also has lots to say about just about everything he sees. The world is becoming more his, and I love listening to his perspectives. He's not so little anymore, and I'm awfully glad we had the time to talk--even if my ears are still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment