Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Important Notes About Keys

A few important notes about my keys:




  1. I still carry a key to my parents' home; I find it oddly reassuring.


  2. I have way too many discount cards on my key ring.


  3. The picture frame has pictures of my kids--none of which are from the past six months.


  4. The giant felt craft was a gift from Issa; it marks me as a mom from a mile away and makes mechanics laugh.


  5. These keys are far more useful if they are not locked in the van.


Yep...I locked my keys (and my phone) in the van when I took the kids to the library yesterday. Of course, I didn't notice until after we had checked out. Lovely. Librarians are notorious rule followers, so I had to plead to use the phone to call Brad, but they took pity on me and let me use the "Library Use Only" phone. Brad came to rescue us, and there are certainly worse places to be stuck. We sat outside on the big rocks and read stories and walked the tree-lined streets. It could be, and has been, worse: last year I locked my keys in my running van at the grocery store while Brad was in California. Fortunately, the kids were at school, I did have my phone, and we have AAA. Perhaps my next car should be one with the key pad on the outside...or perhaps I should just remember my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment