Friday, April 1, 2011

Pure Joy

We have seriously been contemplating building an ark around here. The cold rain has been falling since Saturday, and, although we need it, my kids need to play outside. They need to run and play and scream...outide...it must be outside. Alas, we have been stuck inside. We have played with every game, read every book, and boredom was starting to rear its ugly had.

Then, Issa remembered Elefun. Better yet, she figured out how to set it up on her own while I made dinner. For those unfamiliar with Elefun, you turn this little elephant on and little butterflies float up his trunk and then you try to catch them in your net. The whole game lasts about one minute, but Issa and Evan love it! They played for almost an hour. I love the look of pure joy on Evan's face, and I can still hear both kids giggling. And...I see sunshine outside and I'm eating bunny marshmallows for breakfast. (I never claimed to be a health nut, and they were just too tempting this morning.) It's looking like a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment