Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Little Monkeys

We are officially members of the NC Zoo, and we made our first trek there yesterday. Brad and I were so sad we just found this little (huge) gem. It's just an hour from our house, and we spent three hours there and maybe saw 1/6 of the zoo. It is incredible!

The chimpanzees were the kids' favorite exhibit, and Issa is doing her best impression here. It was so funny watch them get so excited by all of the animals, and we are sure they will find new favorites every time they go. These statues remind me so much of the zoo I used to go to when I was little, and I'm grateful to be able to create similar memories with our kids.
The special exhibit was this white alligator. They are very rare, and looking in their eyes is said to bring good luck. We all waited to be able to look the swamp ghost in the eye, and I am really hoping some of that luck rolls our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment