Thursday, April 28, 2011

To Transplant or Not to Transplant

A few weeks ago, Issa brought home my Mother's Day gift from school. They had planted a bulb in a little pot, and the teachers realized they wouldn't bloom by Mother's Day so they sent them home early. That was their story. The reality is they didn't want them to die on their watch. Every year, they plant some seeds and a pitiful little something comes home and promptly dies two days later. I sneak it out in the dead of night and all is well.

Fast forward to today, and this bulb is really doing well. I think it's a glad, but I'm not sure. I do know it s getting very tall. So...do I transplant it outside? It's not really the season to do so, but I doubt it will be very happy in this pot. It is a real bummer when a Mother's Day gift causes this much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment