Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bliss

This is one of the few times when a picture isn't needed. I just want to capture some of the sounds of the past 24 hours.

We had a wine and cheese PTA meeting last night. (Yeah, this is my kind of PTA.) We arrived at another family's house, and Issa was off to play with her school friends before we were through the door. And then we played in a beautiful fall backyard evening. There was swinging and ball kicking and sliding and giggling. It was so nice to meet Issa's new friends and their families. Everyone played together--kids and parents. Whoever was closest pushed swings full of giggling children or caught sliding toddlers. Play dates were discussed, and I never tire of hearing, "You're Issa's mom! My daughter/son talks about her all the time. She's such a nice friend." Yeah...that's my kid.

This morning, we are enjoying listening to the birds through the open screen door and feeling the crisp morning air. Evan is singing "Down by the Station" to a row full of stuffed puppies, and I'm listening to Daddy and Issa build circuits in the kitchen. Lights are blinking, and Daddy is in his element.

I think I'll sit back with one more cup of coffee and just enjoy the sounds for a while and revel in the non-silence.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my idea of heaven, and it's great that you can really enjoy the simple things in life. It's all about the little things that add up to one great big thing. :)

    ReplyDelete