Thursday, September 1, 2011

Civic Duty and What Not

So...I'm in a jury pool. It is a large civil trial, and if I'm selected the case is expected to run seven weeks. Today will be day two of my service.

I am so conflicted about this whole situation. I believe in our justice system. I truly don't mind serving on a jury; I feel it's my responsibility.

But seven weeks. From 9:30 to 5 every day. That's a lot. A whole lot. I can't help but run through the things I might miss. There is the obvious work time, and my course will have to become hybrid, with Wednesdays being a true marathon for me. But I also won't be able to pick Issa up from school, and I missed that one on one time yesterday. I am going on record now that if I miss her birthday party school I am going to be one very unhappy mommy. And it feels a bit worse because it's a civil trial. I want to put both parties in a room and tell them to play nice and do right. I don't suppose that's going to happen though.

Brad and I spent a portion of last night putting contingencies in place, and with any luck I won't need them. But if you don't hear from me much, you'll know why. I'm up extra early to get a jump on "things," and I was up extra late trying to make up for the lost day. We'll see how this plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment