Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sweetest Moment

Last night was one of those blissful nights where class went really well and I managed to make it home in time to tuck in the kiddos.

Usually, we (Issa included) tuck Evan in first, but last night Issa wanted to be tucked in first. In one of the sweet moments that will always be ingrained in my memory, Evan snuggled in beside Issa while we said prayers and sang good night songs. Before I scooped him up, Issa asked for a kiss and a hug, and I saw my two angels really love each other. They were both so happy, and it was a real hug. I scooped a very happy boy up and tucked him in his own bed, and his little voice cooed, "Love you, mama."

I can't think of a better way to end the day. I want to remember this moment the next time we are wrangling over tired kids into beds or the they are "bugging" each other. For a few moments, life was perfect. I'll take those moments any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment