Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Drinking in Fall

We are drinking in fall here. The air conditioner is off, and we're enjoying meals on the deck:
Last night's meal was accompanied by a conversation about our new fairy castles (also known as toad stools):

Even Tumbler is loving the fall:

We took our library books outside and read about lions while Daddy started the process of closing down the pool:

The pool will soon be replaced by the tent and roasting marshmallows:


This is easily my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather and the crispness of the air. When Brad announced this weekend that we really needed to drink in the fall this year, I was more than happy to jump on board. We've enjoyed sweet potato soup and pumpkin stuffed shells this week, and I'm hoping cider appears at the grocery. I have a new scent warmer that is filling the house with the scent of warm cobbler, and it's supposed to be chilly enough Friday to break out a sweater. We have plans to play outside, sleep under the stars, and crunch in the leaves. I would say we are drinking it in, and I can't wait for the next sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment