Friday, September 9, 2011

Falling for Fall

There is something not quite right about this picture. This little cardinal has taken up residence in our yard, but that is a lot of green behind him. I love having Red here (I never said we were really creative with names around here), but it makes me crave colder weather. I remember cardinal against snowy backdrops when I was growing, their red screaming against all the white. When I see Red I want to grab a sweater; when I open the door, I want to grab some ice water.

Fall is almost here--it's teasing us. The mornings are crisp and the leaves are starting to turn golden. By mid-afternoon, though, we're still pushing 90. I've been reading posts from friends about bonfires and sweaters, recipes for hot soups and pot roasts, and debates about whether or not it's too early to turn on the heat. I'm still a mid-west girl at heart, and I am so ready for all that fall brings. Bring on the fall! Our little Red needs some different foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment