Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Here They Are!

Ta-da!!!
Now those, my friends, are some bookshelves. I am so incredibly proud of Brad. I give him a hard time that they are the eight year bookshelves, but he designed and built every inch of those shelves, and the detail work is more than I ever imagined. They fit perfectly into the space, and they will create so much storage for us. It was his idea to paint them white, and they truly are beautiful. (By the way, choosing a shade of white was possibly the most stressful painting decision I ever made.) They are also strong and sturdy enough to hold an elephant. I can hardly wait for the paint to cure so we can take some of our books out of storage and move the things that were in the space off of the floor and onto the shelves.

Brad's new job was the impetus to creating the new office space, and it also gave us the ability to hire a cleaning service to come clean the house. I spent a lot of time researching and interviewing, and we finally decided on Merry Maids. Y'all. If you are looking for someone, I cannot say enough good things about them. They came yesterday, and two women spent five hours cleaning my home the way I wish I had time to do. Baseboards, walls, door frames--everything. They actually moved furniture to get to baseboards. They took the time to arrange the kids' animals on the beds after they changed them, and they gave me the gift of guilt free time. I could just sit and listen to Issa read last night without mentally running through the list of things I needed to do after she finished. We just snuggled up instead of me trying to clean the bathrooms before bed time. I feel so ridiculously blessed by the luxury of time and a very, very clean home.


No comments:

Post a Comment