Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wondrous Things Abound

The past few days have been difficult in a lot of ways, mostly because my baby sister, my very best friend, had surgery and I was states away. I dissolve into tears at the drop of a hat these days. In the midst of all that, though, God has blessed me with an overabundance of truly wondrous things, in no particular order:

1. Shannon is doing great! The surgery was a success, and she is recovering as we had hoped--Amen.

2. Every morning, I have seen a rainbow on the way to work. Mom used to sing, "God gave us a rainbow; he hung it in the sky. He wanted to remind us he loved both you and I," when we were little, so rainbows have a little extra meaning for me. Seeing one every morning this week is beyond wondrous.

3. Evan started basketball last night, and he is in love. More importantly, he actually has some talent.

4. I had to teach last night and Brad was away, so Mr. Ryan took over basketball duties. I will be forever grateful to our friends who step in and are a part of our kiddos lives. To make it even more wonderful, he stayed to help me tuck everyone in and then have some actual adult conversation.

5. My colleagues have been beyond patient this week. They understand that I am attached to my phone for updates, and they ask about Shannon every time they see me.

6. Issa is still thriving in school and at dance. My sometimes anxious, super type A angel has been so much less anxious and so happy, which make me much less anxious and much happier.

7. It's fall. The leaves are gorgeous, and I get to drive to work when the sun is hitting them just perfectly. There is no better time of day or year.

No comments:

Post a Comment