Monday, November 11, 2013

This Is Fall

We love fall at our house, and the kids have been waiting and waiting and waiting for their favorite fall tradition: 
They love playing in the leaves, and we headed out Saturday afternoon to start raking and jumping:
Last year, I managed to catch the perfect leaf throwing shot. I thought I would try my luck again this year:
Not perfect, but I love Evan's face!

We had to head in because it starts getting dark about 2.5 seconds after the sun comes up around here these days, but we headed back out yesterday afternoon. A new pile and more smiles:
Another attempt at the a leaf shot:
Please notice Evan is throwing his leaves at Issa instead of up. There is something fabulous about playing in leaves:
Evan is more of a leaf unpiler than a raker:
We did get the front finished, though! We also got the fall pruning and bed cleaning finished:
Not bad for one weekend:
That is quite a pile of leaves, and I am so glad the city will come by with their leaf vacuum. The kids did a great job helping load the wheelbarrow and dump them along the curb, but we would still be bagging if we couldn't just get them to the curb!





No comments:

Post a Comment