Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I have the best village...

My village rocks. Truly rocks.

Last week when the sitter's car had issues, two members of my village picked up when I called at the eleventh hour and took Issa to and from dance. No questions asked.

Yesterday, when I couldn't be there to see Evan get his read stripe, I got this text from another member of the village:

When I mentioned we were on the quest for a new sitter, two members of the village stepped in to fill the gap--insisting to fill it. That means I can search without stress or pressure to hire quickly.

It's an amazing feeling to know that we have these people to step in and step up. I've learned to just be grateful not guilty. That's what the village is about. We all step in when needed, and I've learned to allow myself to feel just as warm on the receiving end of that support as I do on the giving end.

No comments:

Post a Comment