Monday, September 29, 2014

What a Difference a Year Makes

Issa had her first dance convention of the season yesterday. What a difference a year makes. She was calm and excited when we got there--no nerves at all:
 After the whole company huddle, Issa circled up the Tinys:
 And then they were off. I remember being a wreck the entire day last year. Issa just kept looking at me wide-eyed, and I knew she felt so lost and out of her element. Not yesterday. I'm a realist: she was not the best dancer in the room. But...she worked for hard. I can't believe how much more choreography she caught. She was smiling, and when she didn't get it she asked for clarification. I about fell over. She left it all on the floor. In fact, one of the teachers came over to high five her for the effort. That's what I want. I don't want perfection, but I do want her to get out of her head and try. And she did it, and I really couldn't be more proud. I couldn't be more proud of the whole group:
 And Issa was more than a little excited to take this pic:
Those were her teachers--all from So You Think Can Dance. The blonde played Giggles in Teen Beach Movie; Issa was thrilled.

It was a great start to the season, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment