Friday, August 21, 2015

Stick a Fork In It...

...summer is done. D.O.N.E.

We have open house tonight and back to school parties tomorrow. The kids are having an end of summer sleep over at Ryan an Felicia's, and Brad and I are going out on a we-survived-summer date.

I have loved so much about this summer. I have loved days at the museums, trips to parks, and long weekends out of town. I have loved listening to the kids read in the hammock or laugh in the tent. We have cooked and crafted and played without feeling rushed. We made so many memories, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

But...it's time. All good things must end, and summer is at the top of the list. I'm craving structure. We all are.

I will not miss the summer homework show downs--because I am the meanest mom in the world and no one else has to read/write/do math in the summer. I will not miss mosquito bites that require magic bee stuff every five minutes. I will not miss the 16,122 water glasses my children use every day, or the 6,723 t-shirts Evan goes through because he's hot/sweaty/spilled. I will not miss cleaning glitter out of the carpet or the flour cloud off the cabinets. I'm done...

...at least until next June when I'm craving summer and ready to do it all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment