Monday, February 8, 2016

Dancer Date Night

Friday night, I got a little date night with my favorite dancer:
 We spend a ton of time together, but there is something very different about intentional time away from everything just the two of us. We enjoyed a leisurely Italian dinner, during which she chatted my ears off. There is a lot going on in the fourth grade, her heart, and her head, and she openly shared it all. I pray that this is always the case.

After dinner, we met up with some of my students to attend the ballet:
It was one of our cultural events, and I'm always grateful when an extra ticket shows up and Issa can tag along. She is getting to know more and more of the girls, and I love watching her interact with them. I also loved listening to her talk about the ballet on the way home. It was a series of original pieces centered around Shakespeare's sonnets. It was a great taste of Shakespeare in the ballet before we go see Midsummer Night's Dream this spring!

It was a great night, and I'm looking forward to our girls' weekend this Friday! We are headed to the first convention of the year, and we have big plans! How I love this girl and the person she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment