Friday, February 19, 2016

Just Breathe

So, I mentioned Brad and I are doing a 30 day yoga challenge. Last night, we completed day 20, and I am thrilled to say I haven't missed a single day.

Yesterday, though, was different. It was not a stellar day at the office, and Thursdays are my long days. By the time I got home, I was not in a great place. We tucked the kids into bed, and then Brad and I settled in for our practice.

About halfway through, I realized I tangibly felt different. There really is something powerful about syncing breath and movement. Sending oxygen into your body. Finding stillness. Over the past 20 days I have found myself getting stronger and more flexible, but I have also found myself becoming more mindful and breathing more deeply. It's a good thing.

Just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment