Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wonderland

I think I am officially recovered from my adventures in Wonderland--minus a few bruises on the back of my calves from the flower bed.

You see, every four years the faculty at Meredith produce Alice in Wonderland for our students. Last week, I spent the evenings rehearsing for my first appearance. I was a flower:
 Thankfully, I was part of a whole patch:
Our role was to provide commentary on the events on stage via signs and props. I called Alice a nerd as she was reciting poetry, and we ducked under umbrellas anytime the word dog was mentioned. You get the idea.

I also had way too much fun with my education colleagues back stage during our three performances last week:
After every show, we met with students, who were most amused to see us all in costume. It's probably the closest I'll ever come to feeling like a rock star.

It was great fun--exhausting--but great fun. Seeing colleagues from across campus in a whole new light and working at a campus that has this kind of tradition is a magical thing. As far as we know, we are the only campus in the country that has this kind of production, and we're very proud of this labor of love for our students...and we are also very glad we have four years to recover before we do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment