Friday, February 12, 2016

Thank Goodness for My Village

Yesterday was one of those days where everything was held together by a thread. I had planned everything and packed everything and sent every reminder text I could think of. But...you know what they say about the best laid plans.

I had to teach, and the kids were going to get off the bus at a neighbors, where my babysitter would get them by 4 to take Issa to dance. Issa had her dance stuff in case she was running a couple of minutes late.

Then I got the call at 3:40: 40 was shut down because of an accident, and my sitter was not at all sure she would make it. First, I took a deep breath of gratitude that she thought to call early instead of waiting until 4:20 to say she wasn't going to make it.

Start the phone chain. I called Jennifer, dance mom one, who couldn't get there because she was having a weird day, too. But, she reminded me Robin, dance mom two, also goes right past my house. I got a hold of her, and she picked up Issa and got her to dance no problem.

My neighbor was more than happy to keep Evan a little longer. All was right with the world.

But at that moment, all I could think was thank goodness for my village. There was nothing I could do from 30 minutes away, but they rallied. And I will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment