Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 18: I Broke Out the Sewing Machine

Yesterday was another crazy busy day. It started with my weekly 7 am grocery run. It's getting a bit more surreal every week. This week, they were bleaching entire carts on my way in and handing it to you. I came home in time to start work calls at 8:30 and then it was a full day of calls and paperwork!

We managed to need to wash throw pillows and our throw from the couch yesterday. Mental note: do not wash that throw with anything. I ended up having to use a straight razor to get all of the fuzz off the throw pillows:
 Brad has also decided it's time to wipe down everything that comes in the house, but I hate the idea of disposable wipes. So, we made our own reusable bleach wipes yesterday:
 By the time I finished all that, I broke out the sewing machine to finish Buddy's bed pillows:
While I had the machine out, I also made some washable face masks:
The CDC had a pattern from 100% cotton tea towels, and they were super easy to make. Brad is pretty sure that the advise to wear a mask in public is coming, and I would rather just have them ready than try to scramble.

Today, I'm taking most of the day off. I never took a spring break, and I would like one day this spring. We are going to work in earnest on the bonus room and Issa's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment