Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 29: The One with the Bizarre Start

Yesterday morning, Brad woke me up two minutes before my alarm: we had a tornado warning.

Being from the midwest, we don't get overly worked up about these things. It was super stormy and windy, so we weren't too concerned. That said, we now have a routine. Brad stands at the window; I watch the local news. By 6:15, Brad decided it was time to empty the cupboard under the stairs and wake the kids. By 6:40, all four of us plus the two dogs were in the closet. Once WRAL specifically says our neighborhood, we go to the closet until the all clear. So there were stood.

We got the all clear at 7 and wandered out to start our day. The kids played a game of UNO Flip before school started. I started digging out of my inbox because I actually took the weekend off. Brad started his day a little earlier than usual.

It was a blustery day all day yesterday, but the sun came out and we were able to take our evening walk. We also took the opportunity to sort and reorganize our little cupboard under the stairs, which is never a bad thing.

Today is off to a much more typical start, and I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment