Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 31: We Got Fancy

For her English class, Issa has been reading Anne of Green Gables, which is one of my very favorite books. She started to read it a couple of years ago, but she wasn't a fan. Thankfully, this time she fell in love with Anne Shirley. My work here is done.

Yesterday, she finished her final project for it, a game:
 We spent part of the afternoon playing the game, and then we celebrated with a tea party for dinner! I even broke out the good china. We served cucumber sandwiches with edible flower garnish:
 Deviled eggs--Evan's request:
 And bacon-wrapped asparagus:
Evan was very relieved I didn't make everyone dress up, too:
 Brad and I decided to make it a Royal Tea with some prosecco:
I added a little lavender syrup to mine after we finished eating, and it was the perfect dessert for me. Everyone else had chocolates, and Issa and Dad had coffee foams:
These have become quite a thing around here. You whip instant coffee, sugar, and hot water and then float it over almond milk. It's shockingly good!

Today is much less fancy, but it was fun for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment