Monday, October 10, 2011

And the Angels Sang...

This post is only exciting if you saw our playroom (also known as the music room before children and the dining room on blueprints) before yesterday. Ready....BAM:
The lighting is terrible, but look at that clean window seat...and those organized toys...BAM:

Look at those babies in a basket and easily accessible toys...BAM:

Look at those found barn animals and neatly stacked games. The angels are rejoicing with me.


I casually mentioned to Issa yesterday that we really needed to clean out the playroom. I spent a ton of time just putting toys back yesterday morning, and I realized they had been moved to get to other toys and that a lot of toys hadn't been played with in a while. We still had "baby toys" lurking on those shelves. As soon as I mentioned it, Issa said, "Let's do it now."


I had to strike while the iron was hot! I would have loved to take before pictures, but I didn't want to lose momentum or have Evan wake up. She was very thoughtful about what they still played with and what we could donate. When Evan came downstairs, he was elated. He ran around yelling, "My blocks! My saurs!" He could actually see everything.


Issa asked if we could move on to her hutch sometime this week. Yes, please! I love looking at the organization in the playroom, but I also love that Issa and Evan appreciate the organization. I hope they remember that feeling when they are teenagers and their rooms start to get a bit scary for Mom. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment