Friday, October 14, 2011

The Difference

I remember when I was young and naive, I would hear people talk about the difference between boys and girls; I didn't buy it. It was all a cultural phenomenon. If they were just raised the same way that stereotype would fade. Boys aren't naturally louder and rougher. I just could not be convinced. Then I had one of each...

Last night, both kiddos decided they wanted to work on puzzles:
Look at how peacefully Issa puts her pieces together:

She looks and thinks and gently nudges them together.

Look how Evan puts a puzzle together:

Yep...he punches the pieces into place:

KAPOW! That puzzle is together!


I just have to laugh. Same home, same toys, same parents but two totally different kids. Evan's world happens at six million decibels; Issa spends half her life with her hands over her ears. Evan falls and jumps right back up; Issa falls and needs an icepack. There is a difference between boys and girls...and I love them both.

1 comment:

  1. I still find myself amazed at the differences between my boys. I have said the something you just said "same home, same parents" but three totally unique and individual children. :)

    ReplyDelete