Friday, October 7, 2011

Issa-isms

Yesterday, Issa and I had a little quality girl time. We had some plans fall through, so we substituted a trip to a coffee shop after school. I could hardly wait all day! You see, sometimes Issa wakes up in rare form--which translates to really funny. Yesterday was one of those days. Here are her top one-liners for the day:

On the way to school, we had this conversation about what she was learning:
"Mom, did you know there is air all around us?"
"As a matter of fact I did!"
"Well, way to bust my bubble."

She also had school pictures yesterday. They take the pictures outside in the morning, and it was pretty chilly. She chose to wear her first day of school outfit, but she had her jacket and scarf on when we left. After I "busted her bubble," we talked about her wearing her jacket:
"Hey, Iss, if you're chilly you could wear your jacket in the picture. It would still be super cute."
"I know, Mom. I'm rockin' it."

When I picked her up, she informed me she wore her scarf but not the jacket and one of her friends "fixed" her hair. I can't wait to see that picture!

When I picked her up, she had her first field trip permission slip. We are headed to a pumpkin patch in a couple of weeks. While we were sipping a latte and hot chocolate, I asked if she wanted me to be one of the drivers and this was her response:
"Of course you should drive. It would be a really long walk!"
"Well, I meant do you want me to chaperone and go with you or do you want to ride with someone else's mommy."
"You always go."
"I know. But I wanted to be sure you wanted me to go."
"Mom, why are we having this conversation? It makes no sense."
I am going.

On the way to ballet, we saw a wild turkey, which Issa was not enthused about:
"Mom, what is that?"
"It's a turkey, honey."
"That is not a turkey. Turkeys soak in magic water and then go in a roaster."
"Well...you know turkeys were once alive with feathers."
"I know, Mom, but you can't tell me that is what we eat at Thanksgiving."
"Well, no, but we could."
"There is not enough magic water in the world for that bird to be yummy."
(In case you are wondering, magic water is brine.)

See what I mean...rare form.

No comments:

Post a Comment