Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Growing Up

He's not my baby anymore: This big boy peeled his orange all by himself last night. (He also chose that pumpkin without a stem, but we'll deal with that in a couple of weeks.) Doesn't he even look bigger? Over the past couple of weeks, this big guy has made some big strides:


1. He can now put on his own socks and shirt. Sometimes they are both backwards, but we're getting there. (It has to be uncomfortable walking around with the heel on the top of your foot, but you can't tell this guy that. In case you are wondering, he is very stubborn. I have no idea where he gets that.)


2. He is all about taking care of his frogs and Viv all by himself. He gives Viv her medicine every morning, and he now reminds me when it's time to feed the frogs and what day it is (pellets, flakes, or shrimp).


3. If you call him anything besides Evan (little monster, buddy, sweetheart), he'll respond, "No, my Evan Bower." He is very proud that he knows his whole name.


4. He is suddenly my big helper. He loves helping with laundry, and he beams with pride when his toys are all picked up.


5. He's also a chatter box. We're talking paragraphs here--and they make sense. I suddenly get whole stories about his day at school. He also has a wicked sense of humor and great timing. I find myself laughing more often than not these days.


6. He looks so much bigger. He's stretching out, and that baby face is disappearing. He's getting to be a big boy, and he's full of adventure. I can't wait to see where that spirit leads him--and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment