Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time Capsule

Issa received a belated birthday gift yesterday. There was a mosaic kit, but there was also a time capsule kit. And although I had other plans for our afternoon, Issa would hear none of it:
We did the whole time capsule--to be opened on her high school graduation day. There were lots of little sheets for her to decorate and record her current favorites as well as her predictions for the future. It was so hard not to laugh as I wrote her answers before she decorated the papers. In case you are wondering what the world will look like in the future: "Lots of leaves. Especially in fall." And her best trip: "NYC, because I get to see my Shanny and sleep with her bear." She also enclosed some beads, some silk flowers, and a rock. I don't know why. By that point, I was afraid to ask any more questions. I am quite certain we will get a good laugh out of that capsule in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment