Thursday, October 20, 2011

We've been Boo-ed!

Last night, the doorbell rang and we were boo-ed! The phantom had left us a basket full of goodies, and we had two very excited kiddos:

Boo-ed is a neighborhood tradition. I have no idea who starts it, but around Halloween time it begins. The doorbell rings, treats are left, you hang the sign, and then you deliver two baskets to two neighbors. It is big fun! Issa has already decided who we are delivering to tonight, and giving is more exciting than receiving. Why is ringing a doorbell and running so fun?


This year, being boo-ed was a wondrous thing. Poor Issa had a rough morning. We were supposed to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, and the only thing worse than a cancelled field trip is a cancelled field trip when you are only a half mile from your destination. It started pouring shortly after we left the school, and the pumpkin patch in the rain is no fun. I had four sad little people in my van, and Issa was still pretty sad last night. Being boo-ed certainly lifted her spirits.


Although I may occasionally mutter about the HOA and the trials of suburbia, I am so incredibly grateful my kids are growing up in this neighborhood. I love the traditions, and I know this is one of those little things they will always remember. Boo!



No comments:

Post a Comment