Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

Shelby has the big whole hand birthday tomorrow, and we celebrated in style yesterday! Her family hosted by far the best kid birthday party I have ever attended, and the girls had a blast. They held the party at a friend's hair salon, which was perfect for a Tangled themed party!

There was crafting to be done:
Issa was in her element beading necklaces, crafting crowns, and decorating her own goody bag. I loved helping with the crafting, too!

The girls had their hair braided, and then two big girls helped polish nails and do make-up. The birthday girl looked every bit the princess:

And our little princess was in all her glory:

Shelby's daddy made the hair bows for each girl.

Issa chose a very bright pink for her nails:

And matching eye shadow and lip gloss:

Each girl brought home her gloss, and it will be a miracle if Issa lets her lips go dry over the next few days. I thought her lips were going to stick to me this morning when she gave me a kiss.

The salon had a sound system, so we enjoyed an afternoon of Taylor, Justin, Hannah, Selena, and a certain set of brothers. I don't know how I feel that I caught myself singing along often.


This might have been the highlight of the afternoon for me:

These girls played so well together all afternoon. Many of them had just met, but they all left fast friends. There was no fussing...just a lot of fun. The party was a perfect mix of structure and girls being girls--following whatever creative whim struck them. It was wonderful.


Happy birthday Shelby-roo. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment