Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Littlest Valentine

When you are little, the best part of Valentine's day is picking out the box of cards you will give to your friends. I learned last year taking two small things down that aisle of too many choices was a horrible bad plan. So...I had a moment of genius this year. I'm taking each child on a date to get their Valentine's. Yesterday was Evan's turn. Our Wally World has a McDonald's inside, so we started with some ice cream:
( Evan is blowing a kiss to the camera.) I don't get a ton of one on one time with my little man. It's just the way the schedules work out. Daddy drops him off at school before Issa and I leave in the morning. He naps on the weekends when I hang out with Issa. He hangs out with Dad while Issa and I go to ballet. I think it was as much of a treat for me as it was for him.

He's getting so big, and I loved listening to him talk about his day--uninterrupted. He told me all about the train book at school, drawing with his friends, and playing in the dirt. He narrated every little thing, and I just listened--watching his cute little facial expressions and hand gestures. He is definitely my boy.

By the time our ice cream was finished, Evan was ready to do his shopping. He is a decisive little thing. He picked a box in a record two minutes. Then, we moved on to teacher gifts. I was thinking chocolate; he was thinking small stuffed animals. They're his gifts, so he chose a special animal for each teacher. He was most proud of his cards, though:
Lego trucks. (For the record, we were safely parked when he insisted I take this picture.) They actually are pretty cool cards. They are sticker puzzles. His friends will need help, but he is pretty pleased with himself. He chose one for each friend, and I wrote the names on them last night. We also wrapped his gifts, and they are all waiting in a bag for next Tuesday.

On the way to get Issa, his little voice piped up, "Hey, Mama, thanks for taking me on a date." Be still my heart. I have to do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment